The SWAG: Bringing back the spirit of the original race
This year we are going back in time, bringing back some of the elements that make the Amherst 10-Miler the classic New England Road Race that we have grown to love, as well as adding in some new fun stuff!
- Long-sleeve cotton shirts for all registered runners (and volunteers!).
- Finisher’s award: a comfy winter hat for all finishers
- Water tables and cheering crews along the course and at the finish line
- Bag drop/gear car to bring your warm dry clothes to the finish line for the .3ish-mile walk back to the post-race food at the Middle School
- Access to locker room and showers
- Hot, locally-sourced (to the extent possible) post-race food, including pizza, chili, and other goodies
- Merchandise prizes from local businesses (will be awarded randomly by pulling bib numbers from a hat, but winners MUST be present to claim their prizes or another winner will be drawn)
- Cash prizes for overall top finishers, top age group finishers, top teams, and top local finishers. For details, see the Awards and Prizes page. This includes very important information for USATF Grand Prix series participants.